Friday, June 5, 2009

When The Cold Wind Blows

I woke up this morning to the smell of rain. Monsoon season is coming upon us. We have opened up our windows to let the cold air blow through. Today I have had time to drink my coffee and sit at the table to study language. We have a sweet lady who comes to clean the house every morning. She is about 75 years old but she can beat a rug with the best of em! Since its raining, I told her to stay even though she was finished for the day. I don't want her to walk home in the rain. We sit awkwardly at each other and smile. We don't know each other's language and yet its amazing what can still be communicated. I went into the other room for a minute and when I came back, I found her sleeping on my floor! She looks so peaceful, I hate to disturb her. She has wrapped herself with her sari. As the cold wind blows and as the lightening strikes- I am reminded that He loves me. I am reminded of who I am here to serve. She is sleeping on my floor.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it. She is precious. :)

Justine said...

Love that!!!

The Reeds said...

hey there! This is Georgia of Jacob and Georgia. I don't know why I didn't think sooner to look on facebook to see if you had a blog. Der! Just figured it out tonight. I've subscribed so will be following along!!
Much love as you journey,
Georgia