If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Thanks Guys For the Reminder
Last week I was in a small scooter accident so I have had a hobbly knee. And then over the weekend, while in the slums, I hit my eye on one of the low thatched roofs which caused an eye infection. Then yesterday hot grease splashed up on my face resulting in some small burns around my nose and lips. Then last night, ants decided to infest my bath towel. So, in addition to the burns, I now have ant bites on my mouth. I finally just hit a wall yesterday and burst into tears. I looked in the mirror and thought 'why am I even trying'?? I don't think I have what it takes. In those moments, I usually turn on some music and spend time being quite. A old Phillips Craig and Dean song came on. And I have been crucified with Christ, and yet I live... Thanks guys for the reminder. The familiar truth penetrated my heart. Its not my strength but His. So with my hobbly knee and swollen face, I will walk in that strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sorry.. I actually had a week like this in Karamoja.. it included a swollen lip (bottom only), a tick I won't discuss on a public forum, and blisters that took months to heal. I looked like a freak (and actually had to stay locked in our room until the lip swelling came down and I could actually drink).
No fun at all. Don't give up!
you ROCK!! Man, I'm sorry!!
This is going to be one of those stories you tell later and laugh about I hope :)
I hope your week gets better!
Why do ants like towels anyway? So weird!
CC! Honey, I'm so sorry this happened. And I'm really thankful that our Dad gave you some solace and comfort and hugs through music. I'm lifting you up and if I were there, I'd hug you!! Love, Jill
Post a Comment