The American consulate in Chiang Mai hosted a 4th of July celebration at a local stadium today. Me and two other families that I know had the chance to partake of the festivities. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays and I haven't been able to really celebrate it the past two years so it was extra fun this year. I admit, I did tear up a little when I crossed my hand over my chest and sang our national anthem. God Bless the USA!
Nothing says home of the brave like creepy Asian action figures.
They served picnic food that included ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs and all sorts of other summer treats. The had games for all the kids to play (hence the floured face of my little friend there) while the adults sat around and listened to live music. Overall, it was a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment