Saturday, December 31, 2011

Setting My Sights

Through a reflection on Rev 21 last week, the Lord helped me write this poem.
Setting my sights on the realities of heaven as we enter into this new year!

As I sit in this darkness
its hard to know You're there
When things seem so uncertain
I wonder if you care

The days are so long
That I often wish for night
But the time is coming soon
When our faith will become sight

You say in Word
that all old will be made new
You will say "it is done"
And Your work will all be through

All death and pain
will be forgotten in the past
All brokenness will end
And joy will always last

You are the Alpha and Omega
The pure and spotless Lamb
You're the Water that gives life
You are the great I AM

Soon we'll have evidence
of all things we now can't see
So I hold onto this promise
that all will be as it should be

We'll one day see Your glory
We'll one day see Your face
And with that I can walk walk this journey
Trusting forward in your grace

1 comment:

john & ellen said...

thank you, cathy, for sharing these precious words. i'd love to see more poems...they are a lovely means of grace.