Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Crazy Just Doesn't Make Sense


So many crazy things happen around here that I don't bother mentioning. Because, really, the crazy just all blends in there together and I forget most of it anyway

I think a lot about the people from the 'days of yore'..... and I wonder how they survived.. But the truth is...a lot of them went crazy, died or burned out quickly. They were only human and made mistakes too so I really shouldn't compare. So I find myself trying to be thankful for what He has given me. The very fact that I even HAVE running water is a blessing in itself. But some days....the crazy just doesn't make sense to me.

Last night, my water ran out. This is a common problem so I just fell asleep. "Water will come in the morning" I thought.

Well, early this morning, I wake up...no water. So I go downstairs to turn the pump on. And this is what the wires look like. This is why I am a little SCARED to turn my pump on. Because yes,YES, those are indeed live wires being connected directly into electrical sockets. Somehow, I manage to get the pump turned on. But still...no water....

After a few hours of waiting and wondering...a neighbor finally fesses up and says...
well...somebody cut your wires.

WHY?

"Well, because your socket caught on fire. So, we had to cut your wires"

AND NOBODY TOLD ME?? I asked
(nobody thought..gee golly...she won't have access to water now...)

"Well...no..". my neighbor answers as he looks at me like I am stupid.

(Me (totally in my head): Ok, I am showing you love right now by not punching you in the face- thanks H for your funny quote)

Me: (out loud) "Ok well...thank you for telling me". I say with a plastered -kindly- but -obviously- fake smile.

(Me (in my head again) :just breath..just breath
And as a disclaimer: I really do have good neighbors. They honestly mean well. But its as if we speak two different languages...oh wait...

So, even if the water doesn't come in the morning...I know that His mercies always do. And I know that I should never act on my impulse to punch someone in the face. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

It makes sense that sayings like, "Se la vie" exist... Sometimes what else can you say? Especially if you live in a place where the "crazy" seems to happen all of the time!

J, H, I, C, and G said...

You're welcome for the quote. Indeed, sometimes the best way to show His love is to refrain from punching someone in the face. I stand by that.

Jacob Reed said...

It seems to me that someone would have come up with a formula to calculate the possibility of electrical work either shocking someone or catching on fire. You know, like "That wiring job is class Y--as in Y did anyone ever wire it that way?" No formula...now THAT'S crazy!