Monday, April 30, 2012

God Jesus Rescue Us

I was just on a really bad plane ride. It was the scariest of my life I think. It started out normal enough  but the last 20 minutes was torture. It was filled with a tremendous amount of turbulence and bumps. We tried to land once but the pilot aborted at the last second and swung the plane back up for another few minutes of turmoil. I wondered at one point if I would ever see land again. And giving out important life saving information is not widely practiced in these parts so we were left in the dark about what was really happening. Do we brace? Do we abort? Wait..where is the nearest exit. Dang it...what do they always say in those safety talks before we take off?? I need to listen more.

 Thankfully I was with a sweet, gentle woman of God who has been through it all and has the battle scars to prove it. She eats fear for breakfast...one of those superwomen types....She kindly let me bury my face into her shoulder. She stroked my hair as if I were a little girl again. And I let her.  All I could utter was "oh God...Jesus...rescue...us..." I even started singing out loud at one point...you are my hiding place....I needed help. I needed peace. I needed Jesus. Despite my circumstances, I can say that I did have a peace that passed all earthly understanding. The same peace I felt when I was laying there in that hospital bed with the phoid. I have always known with my head that we don't have to fear death anymore. But I never really KNEW it with my heart until now

I made it... obviously. My legs wobbled off the plane. The sweet woman of God blocked the isle so I could get out of the plane slowly.  She held back the mob of South Asians so that I could have some breathing room. Her and her husband formed a human shield around me until I could catch my breath. Will.never.forget.that.kindness.

I am still a little shell shocked. I jump at loud noises. I turn inward. I long for quite. And I am sure these feelings will pass...(I hope they do,I get on another plane next week). Now that I am out of harms way, I can't help but reflect on the situation. I came to faith at a young age and I have been walking with Him a long time. But when it comes down to it...I still let my hair be stroked. I still call out to Him. Oh God..Jesus..rescue...us. And thats how its suppose to be.


3 comments:

ellenbo said...

wow! what a beautiful picture. thank you for that strengthening story! praise Him!!

The Reeds said...

Oh dear.. that sounds horrible. If any time and any place solidifies my faith it is always on a plane ride.

Marc & Amy said...

oh, Cat, that is so scary and my worst fear! Thankful for God's provision. I miss you!