If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
The Belly of a Whale
Last Wednesday was our last day of orientation. It was sad to leave the new friends that I had made. My parents traveled with me back to Texas. We stopped by KY for a few days to visit family. It was nice seeing everyone but I must admit, I smiled a little when we crossed the Texas border. This week has been crazy. I feel like I am going through a slight version of culture shock. I just spent 8 week out in the country with cows as my neighbors and now I am expected to navigate the streets of downtown Dallas. I surprisingly have most everything finished. I still need to cancel a few things but overall, I feel ready to go. With my remaining days here, I plan to visit with people and to make the most of every moment that comes my way. At this point, I would feel more afraid to NOT go. One of my friends at orientation was questioned about how he could follow God's call overseas. And he said "well, let me put it to you this way...I don't want to end up in the belly of a whale"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment