Thursday, December 17, 2009

You Put Gifts...IN SOCKS??

I wasn't really planning on decorating for Christmas much but the other day we went to this market and I saw they were selling little fake Christmas trees. Its a bit tackiesque but its fun to have a little Christmas cheer. Last night a string of neighbor kids came by to look at the splendor. My househelper comes and turns it on every day so she can look at the lights while she is working. She is a bit confused though by the stocking I put up on my door. "You put gifts...IN SOCKS"?? she asked. (Well...yeah..) She just looked at me like I was a big weirdo. She has a way of NEVER hiding her facial expressions. But today, I told her the Christmas story and that it was the real meaning of Christmas. Thankfully, she took to that better than the socks.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Abby said...

Cathy, I'm glad you decided to decorate for Christmas! While I know it's not about the trees or the lights or the "socks" yada yada yada there's just something about those things that make Christmas warmer, and I'm guessing all the way over yonder you would like a nice, warm Christmas. I'm glad you were able to share the TRUE story of Christmas, and I pray that your words melt her heart, be it ever-so-slowly. I miss you! P.S. Funny thing - this year I actually did wrap one of Nate's presents in a tube sock. What are the odds?