Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sending Out an SOS

Recently, a coworker asked me a simple question. He asked "are you spending enough time with our Father"? And my immediate thought was "oh yea of course". The more I thought about it though- the more I realized that lately, I have only been sending out SOS's... Like "Lord, I am stuck" or "I don't know what to do" or just the plain "HELLPP! Help the girl, help me!"

I get little nuggets of His truth all the time. I get it through a devotional, a song, an insight, a verse. And by all means, I have not turned my back on Him. But you know how it goes... we just simply get caught up in the things we have to do. I worry because I haven't responded to emails, got my finances in order, learned more Hindi, met with a friend. So instead of drawing from the Living Water, I drink a Coke. And that just leaves me thirsty. "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink".

No comments: