Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Am But A Poor Foreign Girl

I am having some trouble getting registered at the foreigner's office here in town. The man in the office is nice enough but refusing to be cooperative. In the States, it would be like trying to to get your license renewed and being denied...just for no particular reason.... My noble Hindi tutor went to the office today to try to talk the government guy into it. But kowee faida parta nahe ta...(it was of no benefit).

So, tomorrow we will go together to the office- Hindi tutor and I. I will sit and drink chai. I will try to look as angelic as possible. I am going to pull the "I am but a poor lowly girl foreign girl, oh please help me chacha (uncle)" routine. Those of you who read, if you would just pray that I would find favor tomorrow.

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Will do! We have to register this week too - blah!

john & ellen said...

praying, cathy. the lord directs the king's heart, so perhaps too the heart of the registrar...