So, living here HAS gotten easier as time has passed. Through the school of hard knocks, I have learned to keep the phone numbers of people who are good at their job. So, stored in my phone are contact entries like "electrician" or "postman". Or even "the guy who drove me to Delhi that one time who was pretty good but he flipped someone off once so he might have some road rage issues" :-)
The last few days, I have been working with "Plumber". He has done some work for us in the past. He is a jolly fellow and does a pretty good job. He always comes to work in a sweater vest. Its cute. He has spent the last three days installing a new water tank on my roof. Today, as we were finishing up, he said to me proudly "your landlord said I could have your old water tank. I am going to throw it off the roof, take it with me on my bike and sell it!". I tried not to laugh. I just smiled and said "what a great idea....you do that" O dear -sweater- vest Plumber. You made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment