As we enter into this Christmas week, there are alot of things that make it seem not so much like Christmas. Its hard to really get into the "spirit" of Christmas when the only bells I hear are the ones that my neighbors ring to wake up their gods every morning.The only fake snow I see is the white fluffy mold that is growing on my walls. Its easy to turn inward and sink into self pity.
But in reality, its not ultimately about me or how I 'feel' at Christmas. In reality, this season is about a young couple who took a ride on a donkey and who had a baby in a lonely stable. This season is about the Savior who came to carry our sorrows and bring us redemption. The lack of Christmas sales, lights, parties and peppermint lattes at Starbucks doesn't really change the fact that LOVE came down to earth. This season is about the fact that our God doesn't NEED to be woken up. He IS the LIVING GOD, The GREAT I AM. The PRINCE OF PEACE. And that's what this season is about.
1 comment:
Amen! In some ways, you may find it easier to celebrate the true meaning while we are enslaving ourselves to other gods at christmas-time, you know? Loved reading your email update! I love you & miss you!
Post a Comment