If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast
Sunday, February 27, 2011
And The Laughter Stopped
I wanted to let you know about a terrible thing that happened today in our apartment complex. My upstairs neighbor, L, committed suicide by drinking poison around 12 noon. She did it while her two kids were in the house. I don't really understand or know the circumstances surrounding the situation. All I do know is, a few days ago, there was a huge argument that happened among several of the ladies but I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.
L, by far, has been the most stand offish neighbor towards me. She didn't utter a word to me in the beginning besides asking me if I ate meat. But as the months had past, we had started talking more and more. She even came to our Christmas celebration and gave me a Christmas present. One thing about her was- she was always laughing. I could hear her laughter a mile a way. Nobody had ANY idea about her inner desperation and pain. Of course I can't help but have a million "if onlys..." running through my mind. Please be in prayer for her two kids and husband she left behind. Please lift up everyone in the complex, who have become like family to us. Just...pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry... That's awful. I will be praying.
Cathy, I'm so, so sorry to read this. I will absolutely be in prayer for L's children, husband and for everyone in the complex who knew her. I'll also be in prayer for you, my friend. Asking our Dad to bring you comfort and work through you. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Love you so much.
Oh Cat, that is horrible. I am so sorry. I can't imagine how you must feel right now- will continue to lift you up as well as her family & the complex. I am so glad that he has appointed you to be there at this time to provide comfort, love, and hope in the midst of the pain. Love you, my friend! Wish I could hug you & cry together. :(
Oh Cathy, I am so sorry -- for her family and for you, too.
I will be praying!
cathy, i'm so so sorry for you, your neighbors, her family. praying and weeping.
Post a Comment