Friday, April 8, 2011

My Sadhu story

So, in Hinduism, a sadhu is a religious person who chooses to set himself apart to focus on their own spiritual practice. They live a life of renunciation on the edges of society. And actually, they are just plain weird.


However, in my neck of the woods, there is a sadhu who follows after only JC as Lord. He has chosen to remain in his society as a follower of J in order to be salt and light to his community. Just imagine one bright candle in the room full of darkness. That's Sadhu. I don't even know his real name, I just call him Sadhu. Well, anyway, I just happen to have had a few chance meetings with him . He is surprisingly down to earth, funny and insightful. In a world where I have to constantly be on guard with the opposite gender, he is a safe person that I can relax a bit with.


This afternoon, I just happen to see ol Saddy (as I like to call him...ok maybe only in my mind...) And he asked me "who is J to you lately'? And I thought for a minute.


I said "Well...I guess I would say J has been my Friend. In a time of turmoil and change, He understands my heart"


Ol' Saddy stroked his long black beard in a contemplative and wise way for a few moments. And then busted out with this BEAUTIFUL song using the words I had just said. He said " there is your song"


Tears fought to come out of my eyes. It was such a peaceful song.


I just never thought in a million years that a Sadhu would compose a song for me about J being my Friend that almost made me cry


And thats my Sadhu story.


2 comments:

john & ellen said...

wow! powerful story, cat! it brought to mind the psalm that says: these things were written so that a people not yet created might proclaim your praise. God bless you Saddy, our friend and brother to our dear Cathy.

Unknown said...

Wow! Cathy. How wonderful. I will pray for Saddy because he loves J too. God has blessed you in a special way. A special song too. I love your stories. Keep on loving people and J will bless you too.