I have been laughing to myself about all the little funny things that happen throughout my day. Lately, every morning, I have really been dragging. My house helper has noticed apparently..today she basically wanted to make coffee for me but she didn't really know how. She was trying to shake my coffee press back and forth. I appreciated her effort but quickly took over. So, I made coffee while she made chai. And we shared a sweet moment together.
And then this morning, I went to go visit one of my favorite families. They are so sweet to slow down their Hindi for me so I can understand them better. But....they also think I am deaf. Because they SPEAK REALLY LOUDLY. Hehe...but then I think about all the times that I have probably done the same thing to those who don't speak English. I guess that trait is universal.
These days its SO hot. The ice cream man roams the streets with his little cooler full of frozen goodness. There is no ice cream song, he just yells "ICCEE CREAMM" in the little sing song voice they have. But just like anywhere else, he is always surrounded by kids asking "what can I get for __ rupees"? Today I was so hot I thought "step aside kids" and laughed to myself as I picked out my flavor and paid with my little coins. I was the only grown up in a sea of children.
Ah, funny days...
No comments:
Post a Comment