Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Updated

I just wanted to give an update about my friend Baby. After weeks of continued bleeding, I decided to majorly intervene and bring her into the capital city. I had her see my personal doctor. And within a day they got a diagnosis- her face is fractured! There is nothing we can do really at this point. The bones have already started to reset. We just have to work on getting her diet better so she can heal. I bought her a large can of Ensure and helped her sort through all of her medicines she is taking. Of course there is so much more that I could have done. It makes me sad and angry that people are such victims of their circumstances. In the States, even the poorest of poor could get their face fixed if a tree fell on them!


But when it comes down to it, its Baby's heart I am most concerned about. We spent the day reading words of Truth to her. She verbalized "We have JC, we have His Story" Really, I think this is the first big struggle she has had as a follower. She is having to face the hard truth that sometimes life don't go exactly our way. I am sure she might be slightly annoyed if I told her "its actually good that this happened, it'll make you stronger" But i know that wouldn't be the smartest thing to say. :) Thanks for lifting her up!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

We've been out of town for a few days so I missed your posts. These are all GREAT with such insight and wisdom. I'm so happy to get an update on Baby and that you have been able to be there for her. J & I discuss your posts. They of course resonate a lot with us b/c we struggled with so many of the same issues/ feelings. As always, thanks for sharing. You are growing a lot. It may not seem so to you- but to us it is evident of a work being done in (and through) you and of your growing wisdom and understanding.

Keep writing.