Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who's The Man in Charge?

So today I had to hang out at the Foreign Registration Office to get some forms turned in. It is a black hole of a place- some of those who have gone before me never returned.. It's crowded, hot, disorganized and involves LOTS AND LOTS of waiting. This place proves that crankiness is a universal trait.

I spent 5 hours keeping my thoughts to myself. I stood in three different lines and filled out four different forms. At the very end of the ordeal, the office lady said "now go to the man in charge". My eyes started to roll..MAN in charge?? Ugh! Where IS the man in charge?? I had just about had it with all the insanity.She then motioned me to look in the corner.

And really ya'll...there was a man actually sitting at a desk- with a sign behind him on the wall saying "in charge". I got a big laugh out of it. It was nice to have some comic relief after a stressful day. The "man in charge" gave me his signature and I was free to go home.

2 comments:

Marc & Amy said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha!

john & ellen said...

oh my goodness that's hilarious!! i'd love to see a photo of that guy!