This monsoon season has been the worst in 15 years they say. Last year we barely had any rain at all. I "heard" about mold last year but I didn't really pay much attention since it didn't seem to be that big of a deal. Well, apartments around here are pretty cheaply made. And the structure is just not sturdy enough to endure so much rain. I had the building owner come look at my water damage once and he was basically like "yeah, it happens, this building was cheaply made". At least he was honest.
So, in the monsoon season, the walls stay wet and then mold grows... on EVERYTHING! I even found mold on my toothbrush cap. Since things stay so damp, mold seems impossible to conquer. Here are the state of some of my walls (YES even my beloved PURPLE room). Apparently I am allergic to mold and it hasn't been a pretty sight. Oh well....sunnier days are ahead. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment