I have these neighbors that live by the hospital at the end of our road. From day one, they have welcomed us. When I could barely say "hello" they still would invite me in for tea. I remember taking my picture book over and they would teach me Hindi words. They don't know a lick of English. Over the months of knowing them, they have become pushy. They are pretty needy. Whatever I have to offer, they want more. If I have an hour to give, they want 5. They still don' really understand that I was SICK, thats why I didn't see them for months last winter. The thing is, they are SO needy and clingy....because well, they are in need. They have had a rough life and their faces and speech prove it. Truthfully, sometimes its just easier to avoid them. But I remind myself that I didn't sign up for easy. He loves them so I love them.
The thing is, this family LOVES stories. Every time I go over, they want me to teach them a new song and story, I can barely keep up. Yesterday, my encounter with them was the same as any other. After spending some time with them, I had almost pry myself from their grasp in order to go home. After being home for just a few minutes I hear a knock at my door. It was two cousins from this family. I welcome them in. And they proceed to tell me that they love HIM. They told me that they love to sing worship songs, they know He can heal, they know He can change lives. HUH?? This was totally out of the blue. By this time, it was the end of the day. My Hindi was frazzled. I tried desperately to keep up with what they were saying. I tried desperately to speak truth. I let them listen to a story in Hindi and we talked about it some. They want to come back for more.
I know that sometimes I just have to give up my "rights" of having good boundaries, good personal space. They don't understand personal space. But they understand love. I know that He is at work and I am just thankful that I get to be along for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment