Recently, I had prayed that the Lord would allow me to use my nursing skills more directly. And He answered that prayer twice on the same day. Over the course of a year or so, I have been visiting a local believer's house to encourage and disciple her. She live in a tiny little room and basically lives in squalor. I had known for awhile that her oldest son, who is 4, was developmentally delayed. But I just chalked it up to poor nutrition and lack of education. Well, she just recently told me "AJ's tongue is tied to his gums, that's why he can't speak" Due to some special monetary gifts given in the past (thanks to those of you who gave) I think that our house fellowship will be able to pay for the simple procedure.
Being the nursecat that I am, I was the chosen one to go enquire about the possible procedure at a nearby hospital. While walking along the muddy path that led to the hospital, I noticed another one of my neighbors who looked like death. She was hunched over, barely able to hold herself up.
"D, what is WRONG"? I asked
Me beemar huin (I am sick) she croaked. I assisted her inside and made her lay down. Upon quick assessment, she seemed to be very dehydrated. Well...thankfully I was already close by the hospital so I was able to quickly buy some ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution). Upon reentering the house of my sick neighbor, I started giving orders. Normally, my Hindi gets shaky under pressure but I guess old instincts trumped lingustical barriers in this instance. D's kids stared at me through their dark oval eyes as I barked orders. They knew I was serious. I forced D to drink the ORS. I sat with her until she had gotten one liter down and then made her oldest daughter promise on her life she would give her another liter the next morning.
I was able to go on my and finally made it to the hospital to enquire about the surgery. This morning, I passed by D's house to check on her. She didn't look like death anymore. I am glad it was a simple fix.
It took me awhile to realize that the Lord had answered my prayer. Not that I wanted AJ's tongue to be tied. Or for D to be dehydrated. But I felt like He very directly me put in those two places to be His hands and His feet. I like it that we serve a God who intervenes.
1 comment:
Excellent. Mai khush hun.
Post a Comment