Raksha Bandhan is a popular holiday celebrated every year by Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs. It celebrates the relationship between brothers and sisters. It mainly consists of the sister placing a bracelet (called a Rakhi) around the brother's wrist, signifying the sister's love and prayers towards her brother's well being. The brother, in turn, gives a life long vow to protect her. This tradition also extends to sisters and close friends not apart of the family. Last night, as I was turning in the for the night, I heard a knock on my door. And as I opened up to see who it was, I saw three excited faces staring at me. My neighbors had come to give me a bracelet. This was their way to show me that they consider me apart of the family.
Now, I normally don't take the tikka (the painted dot) because I am never sure what it means in any given situation. But I have also learned it does more for the cause of the Father to react to these situations in a loving manner. And the truth of it was, the girls were just trying to love on me. So, in this situation, I let them do it. I find that there is a lot of black and white. But there also are shades of gray that I have learn how to navigate. And I think this was just one of those times.
Its a sign of love and friendship to feed someone. So, here R is feeding me a sweet. (It was disgusting by the way)
And my ever so beautiful bracelets

No comments:
Post a Comment