Every day, the quite of the morning gets broken up by the voices of men yelling. When I first moved here, it startled me. I thought it was someone fighting or angry. But I quickly discovered that these yelling men were actually salesman. "Potato, Cauliflower"! The veggie man calls out. "Bring out your trash" The recycle man calls out. Or often times, I have no idea what they are saying. It sounds like one of them calls out 'Can I get a little help'?? (but I am pretty sure that's just my imagination).
At times, its quite convenient. I remember one time, when i was cooking the kitchen, I ran out of tomatoes. And at that exact moment I heard MY veggie man call out in his familiar sing song voice...Potato Tomato..... YES!! That saves me a trip to the market! When it comes down to it, I really only recognize and listen to the voice that I know. All other voices I just tune out. But when MY veggie man comes...I go running.
It reminds me of what Jesus said about knowing His voice. And when I hear it, may I run to Him!
1 comment:
good ears, little lamb, to hear the shepherd's voice :-)
Post a Comment