Something unusual happened yesterday in a village. I have been in charge of a summer volunteer and have been taking her out into the villages every day to get used to things. We ran across this one family who quickly invited us into their home
The longer we sat, the more people gathered around us. Before I knew it...someone had put a newborn puppy in my lap. He was so cute and fluffy and playful. I said 'what is his name' and they said JIMMY. It turns out, Jimmy is a miracle puppy. The lady standing behind us in the bright pink had to do a c section on Jimmy's mom to get him out. He was the only survivor of the litter. They were so proud of Jimmy and kept showing me to him. He would wander off from time and time and the villagers would ask me "where did JIMMY go'?? He would just turn back up suddenly, having gotten lost underneath a blanket, or a goat or one of the old village grandmas.
They asked me "please take Jimmy home". And in my heart, I wanted to. I was drawn to this little guy who was such a fighter. In a world where the underdog often gets ignored or outright abused, I was touched that they loved Jimmy so much. I knew he would have a rough life if I left him in the village but there would be no way I could take care of him properly. So I told them I would take a picture with him at least. So, here is us and Jimmy.
The longer we sat, the more people gathered around us. Before I knew it...someone had put a newborn puppy in my lap. He was so cute and fluffy and playful. I said 'what is his name' and they said JIMMY. It turns out, Jimmy is a miracle puppy. The lady standing behind us in the bright pink had to do a c section on Jimmy's mom to get him out. He was the only survivor of the litter. They were so proud of Jimmy and kept showing me to him. He would wander off from time and time and the villagers would ask me "where did JIMMY go'?? He would just turn back up suddenly, having gotten lost underneath a blanket, or a goat or one of the old village grandmas.
They asked me "please take Jimmy home". And in my heart, I wanted to. I was drawn to this little guy who was such a fighter. In a world where the underdog often gets ignored or outright abused, I was touched that they loved Jimmy so much. I knew he would have a rough life if I left him in the village but there would be no way I could take care of him properly. So I told them I would take a picture with him at least. So, here is us and Jimmy.
1 comment:
Woaaahh...That's so beautiful...!
Post a Comment