Annoyed At Typhoid. My sister in law suggested that this might make a good blog title. And it sorta rhythms- which pleases the inner poet inside of me. When I was in Virginia, I asked the rhetorical question "why couldn't I just have a more straight forward case of typhoid". People erupted into laughter because I guess...one doesn't normally have sentences like that in their linguistical repertoire.
These past weeks, I have been going through an onslaught of medical exams. Yup, you guessed it. My eyes are acting up again. (Well, just mainly the right one) And I am also having some neurological problems in addition. So I am going to see some specialists and just see where all this leads. I was reluctant to even blog about it because its boring to me. There is so much more interesting things to think about. Typhoid and abnormal eye exams=boring. Mexican food + free refills of Dr Pepper+ that new cupcake place I want to try out+ laughing with old friends= little glimpses of heaven on earth.
I am certainly grateful for the presence of the Lord. I am certainly grateful for the chance to slow down. And I am certainly grateful that we can find God in the boring too.
These past weeks, I have been going through an onslaught of medical exams. Yup, you guessed it. My eyes are acting up again. (Well, just mainly the right one) And I am also having some neurological problems in addition. So I am going to see some specialists and just see where all this leads. I was reluctant to even blog about it because its boring to me. There is so much more interesting things to think about. Typhoid and abnormal eye exams=boring. Mexican food + free refills of Dr Pepper+ that new cupcake place I want to try out+ laughing with old friends= little glimpses of heaven on earth.
I am certainly grateful for the presence of the Lord. I am certainly grateful for the chance to slow down. And I am certainly grateful that we can find God in the boring too.
1 comment:
The fact that you see humor in neurological problems and not seeing out of one eye well, shows your amazing spirit! It is good to blog about, makes me realize that my issues are minor. Sorry I'm selfish! Now, if you get an eye patch and start saying hi matey, that would be interesting too!
Kidding aside, I hope all turns out well and you get some rest. I will pray for your journey in the states.
Dawn
Post a Comment