Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Only Hope

I am sitting in another hotel room. I dropped my dad off at the airport early this morning. I am hanging out the hotel room for the morning and then heading out to Rockville. That is the location of the training center-way out in the country. People joke around with me that it sounds like I am going into some sort of commune. Oh man..I think I forgot to pack my nun outfit.

Since I had to get up early this morning, I had the chance to have a nice long time with the Lord. I listened to music, read, and prayed. I am so thankful that I have access to an intimate, abiding relationship with the living God.

I can get as many degrees as I want to. I can strive to make people laugh. I can stop to feed the homeless on the way to donating blood for the victims of war torn Africa. But when it comes down to it, nothing... absolutely nothing matters except to know Him and to dwell in His presence. He doesn't disappoint. He is my hope, my only hope.

No comments: