Sunday, January 11, 2009

God's Grace


As I go through this transition, in my life, I have really tried to cherish each moment that the Lord brings me. I try not to think too much about the past or the future but instead I am just praying that I can live in the present for now. Every conversation I have, I think "well, this could be the last time I talk to this person..." so I really try to listen to what they are saying. Its kinda been a nice way to live life. I keep seeing sprinkles of God's grace all over the place.


I was taking a trip out to West Texas to see a friend. I had the chance to witness a West Texas sunset. The smell of oil crept into my car as Willie Nelson sang on the radio. My eyes were watering as I was facing the sun, trying to stay on the road. And I had the chance to see the sun go down. West Texas is full of wide open spaces and so the sunsets out there are quite amazing. And I was reminded that God is Creator of the sunset.


I am spending alot of time with my 6 year old niece. We are great buddies and I will be very sad to leave her. She is turning into a fabulous kid with wisdom beyond her years. Echos of her are all over my life and my heart. And I am reminded that echos of God's love are all over my life as well.


A friend of our family was in a terrible car accident back in May. He has had a long recovery but his faith has been an encouragement to me. I sat and listened to him play the piano this morning as his raspy voice barely sang "He helps me get through the day". It is a simple chorus but the truth of his words really touched my heart. Because very literally, He has helped my friend get through the difficult minutes of his days. And I am reminded of God as Healer, as the Keeper of our days.


I sat with a friend from high school and we looked through old pictures. We laughed at old stories and old memories. I cannot believe the clothes I used to wear. I was NOT cool. But my friend loved me anyway and still loves me. And I am reminded of God's goodness in my life to give me friends like her.


I sat with a cherished relative who is a dark place in her life right now and is in poor physical health. She told me honestly that she was scared and I didn't have much to say to her in response. And I was reminded of God as Sustainer...when we get to the end of our day...He is all we have left.


Creator..Love...Healer...Keeper of Our Days...Goodness...Sustainer...all sprinkles of God's grace

1 comment:

J, H, I, C, and G said...

I love you, Cathy Coots. You are the best. I added your blog to my list of faves.