Every Sunday evening they have what is called Cultural Worship. Basically what that means is that they have a worship service for us...but its not the typical American service. Everything is done in a different language and in a different fashion. (i.e. Tonight we took off our shoes and sat on the floor) It was our region's turn to facilitate tonight. This evening I had the chance to take part in the worship team. We heard songs in Filipino, Hindi as well as various other languages. Its just really amazing that we serve such a creative God that we can worship together in so many languages. I had no idea what I was really singing...I said something about "holy" and I am sure I heard "Jesus" come out of my mouth somewhere in there. But, the Spirit was the same and I felt just as comfortable singing those songs as I did singing in my heart language. I walked away feeling like I had been in the presence of the Lord. Here is a picture of me from tonight's service.
No comments:
Post a Comment