Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Reflections

Well, today is Valentine's Day and I actually almost forgot about it. But, when I opened my door this morning, I had little valentines on the floort to greet me. My sweet neighbors gave me cards of encouragement and....chocolate! Sweets are a rare treat around here. They don't serve dessert after meals. They are trying to "wean" us off of the comforts of this world. So, every night after dinner, I drink chocolate soy milk for dessert. (Don't make fun of me.... )That is why I was so excited to get goodies this morning. And to top off the day- my wonderful roommate bought me DR PEPPER! She has only known me a short while but she already knows my love language.

People have been asking me lately about being single. And although I do have desire for my own family, I just keep being blown away by the love that I am being shown through Christ and through others. I am just so thankful for the family that He is giving me. The words of Paul concerning singleness really have a whole different meaning to me as I go through this journey. Because I am single, I can concentrate on the things of the Lord in a unique way. So, yeah, of course I go through times of being lonely. Its Valentine's and I don't have a date. But- the life that He is giving me for now... it is more than I could possibly ask or imagine. My cup overflows.

No comments: