Today marks the one week point of being at boot camp. I got off to a rough start but I have been surrounded by God's grace and sweet friends to help me along the way. I am finding myself being SO introverted as my mind is trying to absorb the information being thrown at me. After each day is done, I scurry back to my room. I even hid my head underneath the covers one day...I felt like I was 5 years old again.... But with my introversion, I also have had more time to spend in the presence of God. And it has been pretty amazing.
Part of my day consisted of the Malaria/Japanese Encephalitis/Dengue Fever speech. Words like "hemorrhagic fever" and "night sweats" out of the speaker's mouth. I leaned over to my friend and said "what in the heck did we get ourselves into"? We both just doubled over in silent laughter.....I think we both had just reached our limit.
But my favorite quote from day sums its up. "Its all about obedience, suffering is expected, His glory is my reward" And those are the words that will be on my lips as I lay down to rest.
3 comments:
Hey--I'm Hannah's sister. I'm an introvert, too. What would I do if I were in your shoes? Why, hide under the covers, of course.
Only one more day of boot camp & then you've got a getaway spot ready to go!!! Can't wait to see ya!
Oh Coots. Promise me that if we get night sweats, we get them together. Then it'll be ok...Love to you.
Post a Comment