Dirty hand prints of unknown origin and grime plagued the walls of my new apartment. I tried to ignore it, I really did. As I attempted to make this place my home, I kept thinking "oh, if I just get some decorations, I won't notice the dirt". But I did. I kept noticing. I would lay in bed and just stare at the ugly water damaged walls of my bedroom. After weeks of trying to talk myself out of it, with the help of Heather, I decided to paint my walls. And as it turned out, it wasn't a bad experience. In fact, my neighbors came over one night and helped us. So, it turned out to be a community event. They had only ever seen a paint roller on TV. So, it was a good chance for bonding.
The finished product- my living room
And the ugly walls of my bedroom are now PURPLE. It makes this place seem more like home. Purple always makes everything better.

2 comments:
Look at you!!- way to go! And I'm glad you got your purple room. :) Love you!
yeah!!! purple!!! that's why our laundry room is purple, 'cuz if you gotta do laundry....make it purple!
Post a Comment