Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Cup Overflows

This morning I spent extra time with the Father. There were a ton of things I needed to do. But I didn't do those things. Instead, I sat at my dining room table and opened His Word. Thankfully, a hymn book made its way into my suitcase. I have gotten into the habit of singing from it at the top of my lungs from time to time. If I don't remember the tune, I just sorta make something up. So that's what I did this morning. I sang and read His Word. I didn't ask Him for anything. I just sang and read, sang and read.

And today I was able to see all the blessings He has lavished upon me. I am not talking about physical things or comforts. (Although I did get a toilet roll holder installed today which has made me quite happy) Its the blessing of being known and loved by Him. He knows the depth of our hearts and loves us the same. In every opportunity He gives, in every friend He brings along, in every circumstance He ordains, He is singing "I love you, I love you" Most days I don't hear His love song. The world seems to so easily drown it out. But today... way over here in the east...I heard it. And my cup overflows.

...if I settle on the far side of the sea...even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast

No comments: