I had a both sweet and funny birthday this year. My camera can't upload pictures right now but hope to have funny pictures soon. Heather went out of her way to make sure my day was special. I was presented with a small bouquet of flowers and muffins at language class. In the evening, we all met together with our neighbors for a little party. We made them all put party hats on and it was pretty humorous. The evening ended with a game of Jenga. Go figure... they LOVED it! They really got into it and we really had fun together.
According to their custom here, you don't actually open presents in front of people. So, after everyone left, Heather and I sat together as I opened my gifts.
One card read:
I want to sing aloud
and tell everyone around,
how special is today,
only because its your birthday
(I think it was meant to be a poem)
I also received a coffee cup that had a picture of drunk cats on it. It read
"Oh..YOU...is always drunk...winee..."
(ummm..ok....)
So, all in all, it was a good day. It reminded me once again that my (drunk cat coffee) cup overflows!
No comments:
Post a Comment