I have been enjoying my first week back here in M Town. There are so many things I want/need to do. But my energy level is limited. Once it is gone- it is gone. I don't want to get clear across town and then run out of steam. Could you imagine the scene? I would just have to sit down in the middle of the road and cause a big stink. Chickens, goats, people, cars...they would all be pretty mad at the white girl messing up the 'order' of things. ;-)
So, I keep it pretty close to home and have decided to invest in relationships over tasks. I have been visiting neighbors every day and various people have dropped by. Yesterday I made my house helper coffee. She had never had coffee before. Now, remember, she is the one who NEVER hides her true feelings. (Its one thing I love about her). Before she tried the coffee she said "this is the first time I have had coffee" and then after she tried it she said "and the last time...." Now that I am understanding Hindi more, I find it funny that they really do have some of the same sayings as we do. I just laughed and said "its no problem, don't drink it, its ok" But she gagged it down anyway, bless her heart.
In the midst of feeling like a deflated tire, I have been really praying that God would use this time to really show Himself. Last night, I sat with one neighbor and had chai. Our conversations are usually pretty light hearted. But last night, she had a heavy load on her shoulders. Through reddened eyes, she told me that she has had three deaths in her family over the last few months. And she said "and you have had so much trouble too". I had the perfect opportunity to tell her about the One who been with me the entire time, in good times and bad. My prayer is that she would know that I love her. And that Someone else does too.
No comments:
Post a Comment