Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ain't No Burden

I don't know why but one of my favorite words in Hindi is the word for burden. When I first learned the word I would answer every request with "it ain't no bodj" (burden) I love to tell people that problems may come but He is the one who carries my burdens. I was reading this morning from Oswald Chambers. And he talked about the verse "caste your burdens on Him because He cares for you". It struck me for the first time that this verse requires action. I had the image of casting a net into the water. But we don't just caste our burdens aside . We caste our burdens back on Him. I have to deliberately place it back on His shoulders. Its so easy to get tangled in circumstances. But I was reminded this morning that He is walking right beside me, with my burdens on His shoulders. I go out today with an extra spring in my step. Because I know that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

No comments: