Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brink, Brink, Brink, Don't Brink

Yesterday I went to the hospital here in Bangkok for my doctor's appointments. I know several people feel like I have 'settled' by going to Bangkok. But I just wanted to say that this hospital was AMAZING. I felt like I had stepped forward in time. The facilities were SO clean and modern. They actually even asked ME to wash my hands when I came in.

They had these little stations throughout the hospital that had free juice and coffee. The hospital itself was laid out very well. Everything seemed to work like clock work. Patient representatives took you around to all the places you needed to go. I felt like I was at some sort of 'boutique' hospital, only reserved for the very rich and important. I felt a bit like an intruder.

I sat down for my eye tests at the eye clinic. And let me tell you, by this point, I have had MANY eye tests. A polite Thai nurse in her white uniform and high heels performed the tests. She would say "brink, brink, brink...don't brink" and immediately take the photo. (They get their L's and R's mixed up here)

By the time I went from the eye doctor to the neurologists office, they had already sent all my information over by email. I walked into the neurologist's room with her already reviewing my records. I wouldn't have been surprised if she already knew what my favorite color was. It made for a very efficient, very pinpointed doctor's visit.

After my appointments, I was hungry. They don't just have a cafeteria there. They have a mini mall. I sat down and had a relaxing lunch. I even spotted a Starbuck's Coffee shop.
I still have to go back for more tests. I haven't found out anything I didn't already know. But as I sat at the mini mall, the ball of stress that has been resting on my shoulders began to unravel. I think I came to the right place.

2 comments:

Marc & Amy said...

Wow! Praise God! It sounds unbelievable and I'm SO glad you've found such a great place that can hopefully get you all the answers and help you're looking for. I'm sure as a nurse that's relieving to be in a place like that, too. I laughed out loud when I got to the "brink, brink, no brink"!!! ha ha! Thanks for keeping us posted and hang in there, Cat. We love you & are praying!

john & ellen said...

um, i think i just need to start posting "ditto marc and amy" 'cause you know they have a real knack for saying the stuff that you think about saying. and cathy, oh my goodness, nobody in OUR hemisphere would say "gee, you're going to a THAI hospital?!? what a softee! man up!" it sounds like such an oasis right now in spite of the tests.