Well well well. So, I went this week for a routine check up of my eyes. And they found that my right eye has actually gotten worse. This means that my optic nerve is still acting up. I contacted some people...who contacted some people. And the verdict is---I am flying to Bangkok. They have this really modern, state of the art hospital there. Hopefully I will be able to get some better answers.
I am tired of thinking and talking about this. I am SO ready to get on with life. But I can't deny the spots in my right eye. And so to Bangkok I will go. I am hoping to not be there very long. But only time will tell.
The adventurous side of me screams "oh cool..a new city to explore" But then another side of me wonders what I will do all alone in a big place like that. Then the other side of me doesn't want to loose my vision, so I just have wipe my tears and 'cowgirl up'. One side of me knows that God is in the unknown. But then another side of me forgets that truth easily. But then the adventurous side of me comes back and says "come on, saddle up. After all, there's Starbucks in Thailand".
So, this afternoon, I am just resting. I am letting the thoughts in my head settle for a bit. I ran across something recently that was exactly what I needed to hear.
"Behold, I go forwards, but He is not there. And I go backward but I do not perceive Him. On the left hand when He is working, I do not behold Him. He turns to the right hand but I do not see Him. But he knows the way I take. When he tries me, I shall come out as pure gold. My foot has held fast to His steps. I have kept His way and have not turned aside. I have not departed from the commands of His lips. I have treasured the words of His mouth more than the portion of my food". Job 23:8-12
4 comments:
Oh Cat, so sorry to heart this news and I'll pray it'll be a helpful trip for you. I'm glad you'll get the chance to hopefully get the help you need, though. Being in the middle of an ambiguous medical situation is so hard and overwhelming, and then to be so far from great care... You are so brave and we are all rooting on you, girl! Just wish our arms could reach that far away to help or to hug ya. Trying to rest in his fatherly hand right along with ya. Love you!
well, said amy! i'm with her! and yes, i hope you do get to really enjoy some of the big city perks!
We'll pray for you tonight... I pray it's a blessing for you.
I'm so glad it's working out!!
Post a Comment