Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hey Dad, Can You Fix This?

One of the blessing about learning a new language is that He starts teaching you lessons through it. This week, I have been trying to learn some stories from His word. And I had been using the verb "to heal" a lot. But a local friend said 'actually, we don't understand that word". The better word to use is "fix". Instead of saying He heals, say He fixes. So, in my story, I say 'He instantly fixed the blind man'.

In my childhood, I have memories of going to my dad and saying 'Hey dad, can you fix this'? And he would..he would fix it. I know that our Father heals. But He also fixes.

3 comments:

john & ellen said...

oh cat! i love the language insights!! it's amazing how different languages and expressions stir different parts of our souls and our memories and reveal different glimpses and nuances of our father!

J, H, I, C, and G said...

So what is the Hindi word for fix? I need to know it...

Marc & Amy said...

I don't know why, but I just got chills reading that. Love it.