I started out today thinking it would be very good and productive day. But it just wasn't. None of my plans worked out. What spurred me along today was knowing that I was going to meet my old language helper because today is her birthday. We normally have alot of fun together and I was looking forward to a fun time with her.
Instead of meeting at her house, she wanted to meet up at our local "mall". Which...mall is a really loose definition of the place. She wanted to eat somewhere so I told her I would treat her to pizza. She was really excited because this is only the second time she has had pizza in her life. She comes from the village and so she just hasn't had those western experiences. She seemed very nervous as I ordered the drinks and food. I actually thought it was cute that she was so nervous. Aww...its so good for her experience new things....
When all of the sudden, she called someone on her phone. And wouldn't you know...a boy showed up. This is a BIG NO NO in this town. Of course guys and gals meet up all the time. But there is a stigma about it and I KNOW its something her parents would not approve of. It turns out...she was just using me as a chance to meet up with this boyfriend at the mall. My heart just sunk, I almost wanted to start crying. After a few minutes, another boy showed up. By that point, I had it. I was totally culturally rude, got up from the table, and started to leave which REALLY embarrassed her. Of course the two boys scrammed when they saw me start to leave.
She begged me to stay. So, I sat back down. I thought "how can I turn this situation around"? I talked with her about how she lied to me and how it hurts to be lied to. I pointed her to the Word and I told her that we should live lives in total truth. I told her He says to honor our father and mother. And how is lying honoring them? We hugged, I told her I forgave her. But I also told her "I am done for the day". I don't think that exactly translates. But I tried to explain the jest of it. I
On my way home, I was thinking about the fact that she has no concept of how its wrong to use someone for false motives. She has never seen the Light, how can I expect her to act as if she is a child living in it? There is no way I can explain to her "hey look, I had a crummy day and I was really looking forward to hanging out with you. And you just disappointed because you used me for your own personal gain".
Its days like these that I think it would nice to have a family to come home to. To tell them about my day and how weird it was. But its also days like these that I know He knows how I feel. Because really, He went through disappointing days. And He knows. And as always, that is enough.
2 comments:
oh cathy, i hope you're resting well tonight. such a sad and disappointing situation. i'm so encouraged by you looking to the lord...who has a greater understanding of betrayal than him? love you cathy.
Cathy, I'm so sorry you had one of "those" kinds of days. As you said, though, it's so great knowing that HE knows ... and more importantly, that He CARES!
Hugs to you, my friend. I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment