This weekend I had some free time. So, I decided to go visit one of my best friends in nearby Lynchberg. Amy and I have been friends since the 4th grade. She loved me when I looked like this....she is a true friend. I walked into her living room on Friday night and it seemed like all the time and distance between us just melted away in an instant. I love Amy for the truth and love that she speaks into my life. I love her for the fact we never have to explain ourselves to each other. And I love her because I think she gave me the big red cowboy hat I am wearing in this picture....j/k. It was nice just being able to hang out with her and her husband, who feels like a brother to me. It was a breath of fresh air for me and I was thankful that I had the opportunity.If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast
Sunday, February 8, 2009
When I Was Young
This weekend I had some free time. So, I decided to go visit one of my best friends in nearby Lynchberg. Amy and I have been friends since the 4th grade. She loved me when I looked like this....she is a true friend. I walked into her living room on Friday night and it seemed like all the time and distance between us just melted away in an instant. I love Amy for the truth and love that she speaks into my life. I love her for the fact we never have to explain ourselves to each other. And I love her because I think she gave me the big red cowboy hat I am wearing in this picture....j/k. It was nice just being able to hang out with her and her husband, who feels like a brother to me. It was a breath of fresh air for me and I was thankful that I had the opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
awwww! Thanks, Cat. I feel the same way about our friendship! Marc & I both said how much we missed you after you left last night and what a great time we had with you here. And I can't look at that picture without cracking up!! Have a good week of suffering. :)
Delish, Coots. If you are very nice to me, I'll get you a hat like that, too.
Beautiful, Cathy! I love you! And your blog! :-) Miss you.
Post a Comment