This past Sunday I had the opportunity to visit a small fellowship of believers. As I walked into an upper room of a house, I heard the sounds of people praising our King. It was vastly different from any service I have been to in the States. But the same familiar Presence was there. As I tried to listen closely to the foreign words spoken, a little boy played at my feet. He was fascinated by my pink toenail polish. His mother sat close by and she gave me a big smile from time to time during the service. I smiled back. After it was over, I immediately asked her name-it was Leela. Her eyes lit up with surprise. "You know Hindi?" she asked. I said "Well, I have only been studying for a year but I know a little". Her eyes flooded with tears. "You understand me? You REALLY understand me"? "Yes, Yes," I replied. She immediately told me her story. Our Lord had come to her in a dream about a year ago and said "Come, follow me". And so...she did. I too was able to tell her my story. As we sat and talked, an occasional tear ran down her cheeks "I am just so happy today. You know my language", she said as she pointed to her heart.
Leela's tears= worth every minute.
2 comments:
wow! wonderfully amazing--so simple and so profound! praise him!--LN
So wonderful!!!
Post a Comment