Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Luke 3:11

One of my sweet national friends is a new believer. She has only been a believer about a year. But the more I understand of her Hindi and her heart, the more blown away I am. Her and her family don't have much. In fact, they live in one tiny room and can barely feed their three kids. One day I asked what they had been eating and she told me "tea and biscuits". Their youngest son has TB and they have to scrape by to get his medicine.

I went to visit her today. She told me about a neighbor of hers who does not have the use of her legs. She had prayed for her but wanted to do something more. Like I said, my friend barely has ANYTHING. But you know what she said to me? "He who has two tunics is to share with him who has none and he who has food is to do the same". I thought I had understood her but had her repeat it. She went on to say "I think we should give her our clothes. You think this is a good idea? ". This came from the mouth of someone who probably really does have just one tunic to a girl who has a closet full. I wanted to say "keep what you have, you NEED it". But instead I said "yeah.. I think its a great idea".

No comments: