"There needs to be more hellos and less goodbyes. These goodbyes are making my throat hurt" Charlie Brown
The volunteer team left today and overall, I think they had a good experience. I am looking forward to getting some rest and reconnecting with neighbors I hadn't seen in awhile. When people come from the States, it makes me realize how precious fellowship is. Just to be able to laugh, worship and speak in my heart language is refreshing. But in this gypsy life I live, the hellos are too often followed with goodbyes.
One of the major holidays here is gearing up. Outside my door I hear fireworks going off. I hear families getting together in celebration. Houses are being cleaned and sweets are being prepared. And there is a hollowness smack in the middle of my heart. Tomorrow, I will be happy to join my neighbors who have so lovingly included me in their lives. But tonight, as I listen to laughing children outside...I wonder...just wonder...what my life full of goodbyes will look like.
1 comment:
I know what you mean. Love.
Post a Comment