The doors here come with latches on both the inside and outside. This makes it pretty easy to accidentally (or intentionally for that matter) lock people in or out of places. This afternoon, a sudden rainstorm came upon us. My rickshaw driver was trying to get me home before the rain got too bad I didn't have any change to pay him with. So I flew upstairs and knocked on my neighbor's door. She quickly gave me some change and I ran back downstairs to give the money. Then I went on back to my place, not thinking anymore about it. A few minutes later I heard "CATHY CATHY COME OUT HERE CATHY CATHY" Again, I was back in action as I raced outside. Was someone hurt??? I found my neighbor's entire family all huddled in the kitchen screaming at me from the window.
"you locked us inside our house".
I did?? I guess in my haste, when I closed my neighbor's door, I locked the outside latch on them. I profusely apologized for my blunder. Of course I quickly got the customary "kowee bat nahee" (its no problem). I told them "the thing is- I do stuff like this in America too.." Thank the Lord for understanding neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment