Monday, November 1, 2010

Pure Lard

One of the good things about this place is the food is generally pretty amazing. I don't have alot of 'gross out' stories about food I have been forced to eat. But yesterday in the village was an exception. We met a delightful family out in one of the villages who invited us to lunch. We were looking forward to spending the day with them. Generally, home cooked meals are delicious. But as they placed the food in front of me...it was swimming in lard. I still get quesy even thinking about it again. Pure fat chucks were staring at me. I might as well have been eating straight out of a tub of butter because thats what it tasted like. I tried to eat as much as I could and then politely declined more. Almost immediately I knew I would be in trouble. My stomach progressively got more and more angry as the day progressed. It resulted in a pretty rough night. I woke up this morning worn out, and beat up. So, today I am staying in doors to recover and I must admit I will enjoy the day off. I guess yesterday I just had to take one for the team!

No comments: