Sunday, March 20, 2011

Books

Before I moved to South Asia, I really enjoyed good theological books that stretched my mind and convicted my heart. But the longer I have lived here, the more dumb I feel. I know I have said on several occasions "I promise...I used to be smarter than this". :-) For whatever reason, I just can't pick up theological books anymore. I don't feel up to reading about living a radical life. I don't want to read about the theology of blah blah blah. Theology is GOOD of course, don't get me wrong. Its just that that these days, when I get home, I just want to be washed in His Word. Pure and simple.

And for just fun reading...I am drawn to books that help me think about another time and place. Its like my mind needs a respite from what I see and experience. Maybe one day I can pick up a good challenging book. But for now, I will just hang out with Anne from Green Gables.

1 comment:

john & ellen said...

yeah, sounds great! other recommendations i forgot to list are roald dahl books: the bfg, mathilda, james and the giant peach, witches, fantastic mr. fox, and charlie and the chocolate factory--i haven't read all of those, but many of them and i'd like to read the rest!