Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

A few days ago I started feeling a bit crummy. Well, it quickly turned into me feeling REALLY crummy. I almost felt like I did when I had the 'phoid. Yesterday,I went to the doctor since I just happen to be in the big city. She quickly wanted to admit me to the hospital. Its a known fact around here that they love admitting the foreigners into the hospital. But the doc was right- I was dehydrated. And unfortunately, they don't have a day room kinda situation where you can stay for a few hours to get IV fluids. So, last night I spent the night in the hospital. I don't really have TIME to get sick. I mentioned that to God. But, as we all know, His ways are not ours.

Thankfully, all the initial tests came back ok. They pumped me full of fluids overnight and I am feeling much better day. I got the typical "non specific infection" diagnosis. I will never fully know what kinda of organisms pass through this GI tract of mine on this side of heaven. And on the other side of heaven, I won't care. So, now I am just resting, hoping to be on the mend soon.

2 comments:

Karen Adams said...

I hope you feel better now. I know we have some lag time since you guys are ahead of us. We here at home are praying for you. Miss you bunches and remember the times crossing the street. It is a very crazy system. Love you lots.
Karen

The Reeds said...

we'll be lifting you up.