I sat in the room that was filled with shades of purple, blue and red. The chair was one of those comfy types where there was room to pull my legs up underneath me. In January, the cold tends to linger so I pulled a soft blanket up over me and stared at the dear lady across the room as I sipped my coffee.
She looked at me with her clear blue eyes filled with wisdom and years of experience. "So...tell me.." she said with a reassuring smile.
The flood gates opened and I talk.
She sat with me for a good hour just listening. This lady who seemingly can't be shocked by anything. This lady who is on her final victory lap of her career. This lady who has lived here before people really even came to South Asia. This lady who has mentored countless others. This lady whom I consider a privilege to know.
Her words are few. She reminds me of His Truth. She says small short sentences of affirmation. But she just mainly listens and says "I know"And the thing is, she does know...
After having let go of the burdens, my load is lighter. My shoulders are straighter. I can take a deeper breath. And I smile. At this dear sweet kindred spirit who has been a vehicle of His grace for me today. And I trust. That He has it all under control.
2 comments:
So grateful for her! Thankful that He gives us dear souls like that as a picture of His love and grace to us. Glad you felt the burden lifted, too, my friend!
Amen. I am so glad.
Post a Comment