For the first time in about three weeks, I walked outside. We walked down to the market. Today had been planned. M said she would walk with me if I waited until she got home. So I waited. And we went. My head was spinning a little bit and I felt a little wobbly on my feet. But that old S. Asia instinct kicked in and I somehow managed to dodge the dogs and remnants of campfires that littered the streets. I luckily didn't step in anything that I didn't mean to.
As I walked, I took a few deep breaths and was thankful. I was happy I understood the veggie walla as we bought veggies for supper. I had lost my Hindi in the haze of typhoid. I was about to write to my language coach and say "I am so sorry... but I forgot Hindi" So, I was thankful that I seemed to know what people were saying. I still have trouble thinking of what to say in response. But, truthfully, I have trouble thinking of what to say in response...even in English. My mind feels about 10 seconds behind everything else. I laugh or make comments too late. I repeat myself alot. I repeat myself alot....;-) Its awkward but people are kind hearted and don't laugh. I feel like a little kid sometimes. But I guess thats ok because it reminds me to have faith. It reminds me I still need my Daddy. It reminds me to be thankful for the little things. Like walks.
No comments:
Post a Comment