If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Thoughts On Typhoid
I look up from my hospital bed and see the yellow liquid dripping into my sore veins. Pain and fever still comes and goes but as the days pass, it seems to get more tolerable. They seem to be pretty fatalistic around here about pain. Suffering happens. In my Western mind, I feel I need to think of ways to make it go away. We spend alot of time and money trying to mask pain. Here, it just sorta slaps you in the face like the summer heat. And so I wait. Sometimes I act like a 3 year old who is not getting her way. Other times, I thank God He is my very present help in time of need. I am thankful that I can look to the Cross, not my circumstances, to see the evidence of His love. I am glad that these present sufferings can't be compared to the glory that will be revealed. I am sad for those who don't have that hope. I pray for my neighbor who moans in pain every night. I can pray in a different way for him because I am literally hurting right along with him. I can't say that typhoid is fun. But I can say that God shows Himself in suffering. I am thankful that we serve a Lord who knows our pain... who literally is hurting right along with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment