Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Both Knees

The last three days have been really good and encouraging.This afternoon I felt tired but I had been planning to go with my coworker to another side of town. So I decided to go.The cool thing about this place is that its so diverse. I always feel like I can visit a whole new world and its only a 10 minute rickshaw ride away. As we made our way across town, my coworker commented "the neat thing about living in this town is that you can live in a pretty nice place but still look outside and see a pig peeing"

The point of the story is not the pig. ;-) The point is- we had a good opportunity today. A huge family welcomed us into their house. There were tons of them. The matriarch of the family was Chachi. She sat in her silk housedress atop a huge bed, as the rest of her family flowed about her. We were able to talk about our Father. Somehow Hindi just flowed out of my mouth. My coworker said a prayer for Chachi's knee.She just happen to place her hand only on Chachi's right knee. After the prayer was done, Chachi made SURE that her other knee got prayed for too. So, we had to repeat the same prayer- for the left knee. I mean, might as well right? ;-) I was able to talk to some of the younger daughters. They told us 'whatever Chachi believes, we believe'. They all welcomed us to come visit again. As we left, we prayed for Chachi, her family and for her knee, that they would one day kneel..both of them

2 comments:

ellenbo said...

wow! what an encouraging story and i hope that someday it'll end with "...and she and all her household believed and were baptized" i love that the hindi flowed when necessary.

J, H, I, C, and G said...

So encouraging, Cath. Love you. Call me.